Our wedding coordinator is available and happy to help you with any questions you have about using the Anglican Church of Paphos for your ceremony.
Check out our website for more information on the legal and church requirements for your wedding in Cyprus.
https://www.yourcypruswedding.org/costs-legal.html or drop us a message on our facebook page www.facebook.com/anglicanweddings
Why marry in church?
Churches are special places and there are some things about a church wedding that you just can’t get anywhere else.
A church is so much more than simply a venue for your wedding. Unique and special things become part of your marriage, on the day itself and beyond:-
• A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage and is the main attraction for many couples, whatever their beliefs.
• You can make amazing vows, or promises, in a church. You can only make vows this big in a church. These vows, made in front of your family and friends, will help you to stay together and grow together.
• The Vicar has a very particular role to play in your wedding. They blend ancient tradition and modern experience to reflect your story. Your wedding service with us can be made personal, memorable, meaningful and beautiful.
• Church buildings offer outstanding beauty. Old or new, they are always intimate. Our churches are some of the most stunning wedding venues.
• Church buildings offer centuries of history. Imagine all the couples who have married before you. You can feel you’re becoming part of history itself, the bigger plan. We know these sorts of connections can make your day even more special.
• You can be involved in making choices about your ceremony with special music, readings and poems and include your own vows if you wish.
• For some people, a church simply seems like the proper place to get married. Churches can be described as ‘peaceful’, ‘serene’, or having an atmosphere that makes marrying there a particularly special experience.
• And after your wedding, you’ll remember the church as more than simply a wedding venue, it will be the place you made your promises to stay together forever!
There are 3 very different independent churches and chapels available for your traditional wedding ceremony with the Anglican Church of Paphos.
They can be booked directly with us and each is suitable for different sizes of wedding party.
Message us for details or with your questions and check out our website for more details.
Paphos Wedding Venues
The very pretty St George's Chapel is situated just in front of the 5 Star St George's Hotel and is a great location for a traditional wedding service with the Anglican church.
This popular orthodox Chapel can seat around 30 guests and so is ideal for a small wedding or renewal of vows service. Inside the chapel is stunning and its available Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Is this year a special wedding anniversary or perhaps you want to celebrate making it through the good times, the mad times and the tough times.
Renewing the vows you made to each other on your wedding day is a super special way of saying that your love is still strong and you will be there for whatever the future may hold.
The Anglican church offer you a service to renew wedding vows in all Paphos venues - chapels, hotels, restaurants and private villas.
Make it special with your own vows, music and poems, make it a family celebration or an intimate time to reflect and renew. Whatever you decide the Anglican church are happy to help.
Relive the romance and say "You're still the one for me".
Our lovely couple at St Nicholas married in an intimate service by Reverend Andrew and were assisted by Sarah and Christine. With thanks to Del Fisher for the photographs.
Another happy couple:
Thank you for making our wedding so beautiful. The service was everything we hoped it would be. You are a truly lovely man and this came across in the way you led the service with the right amount of gavitas mixed with humour. It was a very special and happy day for us. Thank you!"
You can find out more about the St George's Wedding venue on our dedicated page.